The following is a list of some of the development work we are planning to carry
out on MPXJ. This is by no means an exhaustive list, feel free to submit your own
requests for inclusion here.
Version 3.1.0 - April 2009
- Read full recurring task information from MSPDI and MPD files
- Write full recurring task information to MSPDI files
- Implement support for reading Cost Rate Tables from MPP, MSPDI and MPD files
- Investigate implementing task getSuccessors functionality
Version 3.2.0 - August 2009
- Implement support for reading multiple baselines from MPP and MPD files
- Investigate relationship between resource assignment planned work and planned cost fields and any baseline values held at resource assignment level
- Implement read and write support for outline codes in MSPDI files
- Extract more fields from the MPP file project header
- Investigate extracting more fields from MPP files for resource assignments.
- Complete implementation of Props structure for MPP8 files.
- Extract custom task field headings from Props table for MPP8 files.
- Extract custom resource field headings from Props table for MPP8 files.
- Implement missing resource fields for MPP8 files.
- Implement missing task fields for MPP9 files.
- Implement missing resource fields for MPP9 files.
- Implement missing task fields for MSPDI files.
- Implement missing resource fields for MSPDI files.
- Implement missing project attributes for MPP/MSPDI files (e.g. project file start/end dates).
- Investigate extracting recurring task information (MPP8 taskExtData items 167 and 168?).
- Investigate implementing support for password protected files. (Encryption believed to be simple XOR.)
- Investigate subproject task attributes.
- Retrieve valid value specifications/lists for user defined fields.
- Investigate implementing read/write access to the MPD file format using Jackcess.